Jobs and Careers
10 top tips for final years
Are your graduating in 2018?
Get ready and take action NOW for a great future after university
Plan and apply for work now
- Attend the Jobs and Recruitment Fair on 8th March 12-3pm.
- Register on a range of jobs sites, including careers.chi.ac.uk .
- Use your contacts to find hidden jobs as many opportunities are never publicly advertised. Let your contacts know that you are looking for work.
Look good on paper and online
- Create professional and well written application forms and CV.
- Target your application to the role you are applying for.
- Create a great LinkedIn profile to help improve connections and job alerts, as many graduates are head-hunted via LinkedIn.
Use Careers & Employability to get the help you need
- Consider all your options for after your degree. Look on the Careers Hub Moodle pages.
- Get one-to-one advice from our professional and friendly team.
- Visit the drop-in desk in the LRCs or book a 40 minute in-depth appointment to discuss your careers ideas.
- Book a mock job interview with a Careers Consultant, via careers.chi.ac.uk
- Your future starts with you
- Read Next
- 11 Top Tips For Those Who've Finished Uni Use the careers team to take your next future step 10 TOP TIPS for First Years 10 TOP TIPS for Second Years How to Find Us?
- The Quiet Side of Uni Life: An Extroverted Introvert's Guide Top Tips for House Hunting! University Advice Rooms in halls available for September 2018! Need to find a place to live next year? Come to the housing fair!