Jobs and Careers
10 TOP TIPS for First Years
Use your first year to get set for a bright future and make the most of your time at University.
The earlier you start, the greatest chance you will have of being ready to land your perfect graduate job and next step. We recommend you take these steps to build your knowledge, ideas and abilities on your course.
10 tips for year one or first years
- Find part-time work in Chichester or Bognor or work on campus.
- Sign up on our Careers and Jobs Portal careers.chi.ac.uk to receive part time, volunteering, and holiday opportunities straight into your inbox.
- Join societies and sports clubs, be a Course Rep or University Ambassador. These will add excellent skills to any CV.
- Update your college CV profile with your degree and new skills.
- Create a LinkedIn profile and connect with others.
- Get one-to-one advice from our professional and friendly careers team.
- Visit the drop-in desk in the LRCs or book a 40 minute in-depth appointment to discuss your careers ideas, via Careers Portal.
- Look out for our employer events like our part-time and volunteering jobs fairs or when employers are on campus at the job hunting desk.
- If you are unsure how or where to start planning your career, check out the careers section on the Moodle pages.
- Read up on what different jobs involve. A good place to start is the Prospects website.
Your Future Starts with You!
- Read Next
- 10 TOP TIPS for Second Years Use the careers team to take your next future step 11 Top Tips For Those Who've Finished Uni Finding work, placements and graduate roles How To Rebound From A Job Rejection
- ICC Open Nationals Nottingham (Our Last Comp) JOB: We are looking for Student Ambassadors! So, I Study BA (Hons) Acting? Looking for a house next year? We have 5 houses available! Top reasons why I became a primary teacher!