Jobs and Careers
10 TOP TIPS for Second Years
Use your second year to take action now and make the most of your time at University.
The earlier you start, the greatest chance you will have of being ready to land your perfect graduate job and next step. We recommend you take these steps to build your knowledge, ideas and abilities on your course.
10 tips for year two, second or middle year
Know your choices and recognise what has been good so far
1. Start to consider your choices for after the degree and consider getting some work experience, a part-time job or placement that will all help you to choose.
2. Build your CV and LinkedIn profile – Reflect on what has gone well so far, what skills and experiences you have had that will add to your CV.
Look for relevant work or experience now
3. Look for a placement or some relevant work experience. Start with our Careers Portal
4. Find part-time work in Chichester or Bognor or work on campus.
5. Are there any societies or clubs or volunteering that will add excellent experience to go into any future applications?
6. Connect with people through LinkedIn who are working at a company or role you might like a placement in.
7. Register your work preferences on our Careers Portal and receive emails on placements, volunteering and holiday work.
Use Careers & Employability to get the help you need
8. Get one-to-one advice from our professional and friendly team.
9. Visit the drop-in desk in the LRCs or book a 40 minute in-depth appointment to discuss your careers ideas.
10. Look out for our employer events or when employers are on campus at the job hunting desk.
Your Future Starts with You!
- Read Next
- 10 TOP TIPS for First Years Use the careers team to take your next future step How to Find Us? We are recruiting GRADUATE INTERNSHIPS Finding work
- We are recruiting GRADUATE INTERNSHIPS Careers Portal - Use it to find WORK Rooms in halls available for September 2018! Nightlife in Chichester Finding work