Jobs and Careers
12 TOP TIPS for Final Years
Get ready and take action now for a great future after University!
Plan and apply for work now
2. Apply to Chichester’s GraduateOn internships, short-term graduate level paid work in the region, exclusively for a Chichester 2018 leaver. Find them on the Careers Portal .
3. Use your contacts to find hidden jobs as many opportunities are never publicly advertised. Let your contacts know that you are looking for work.
4. Look out for our employer events or when employers are on campus at the job hunting desk.
Look good on paper and online
5. Create professional and well written application forms and CV.
6. Target your application to the role you are applying for.
7. Create a great LinkedIn profile to help improve connections and job alerts, as many graduates are head-hunted via LinkedIn.
Use Careers & Employability to get the help you need
8. Consider all your options for after your degree. Look on the Careers Hub Moodle pages.
9. Get one-to-one advice from our professional and friendly team.
10. Visit the drop-in desk in the LRCs or book a 40 minute in-depth appointment to discuss your careers ideas.
11. Book a mock job interview with a Careers Consultant, via Careers Portal.
12. Apply NOW to have a professional mentor, an experienced worker, who will help you navigate your entry into the world of work.
Your Future Starts with You!
- Read Next
- Use the careers team to take your next future step We are recruiting GRADUATE INTERNSHIPS 10 TOP TIPS for First Years 10 TOP TIPS for Second Years Finding work
- We are recruiting GRADUATE INTERNSHIPS Careers Portal - Use it to find WORK Rooms in halls available for September 2018! Nightlife in Chichester Finding work