International students: What to bring to uni
You've got your place at uni (YAY!) and soon you will be making the move from home to university in the UK!
But first, have you figured out what you will need to bring with you?
Here are the things you MUST remember:
- Medication (you could get this in UK too) - don't forget to register with a UK doctor too.
- Photos from home
Most other items can be bought once you arrive:
- Bedding (pillows, quilt, sheets)
- Warm clothes
- Sports kit
- Cleaning items
- Kitchen utensils
- Waterproof raincoat, this is Britain after all...
- Coffee, tea, mugs, food
There are also things that you CAN'T bring to uni:
- Rice cookers or chip fryers
- Candles, incense sticks, tea lights
- Smoking equipment, such as pipes and ashtrays
- Dartboards or weapons of any kind (real or replicas - don't bring them)
Time to start packing!
- Read Next
- Eating on a budget as an International Student! International student - how it all began! The Canadian Classroom Christmas in Canada Exchange placement in Canada How to Find Us? Induction Week at Thompson Rivers, Canada What to and NOT to bring for Accommodation!
- Arrivals Weekend! How to be the perfect flatmate! Freshers Fair How To: Find your academic timetable! Amy's Top Tips to make Freshers Week amazing!