International students: What to bring to uni
You've got your place at uni (YAY!) and soon you will be making the move from home to university in the UK!
But first, have you figured out what you will need to bring with you?
Here are the things you MUST remember:
- Medication (you could get this in UK too) - don't forget to register with a UK doctor too.
- Photos from home
Most other items can be bought once you arrive:
- Bedding (pillows, quilt, sheets)
- Warm clothes
- Sports kit
- Cleaning items
- Kitchen utensils
- Waterproof raincoat, this is Britain after all...
- Coffee, tea, mugs, food
There are also things that you CAN'T bring to uni:
- Rice cookers or chip fryers
- Candles, incense sticks, tea lights
- Smoking equipment, such as pipes and ashtrays
- Dartboards or weapons of any kind (real or replicas - don't bring them)
Time to start packing!
- Read Next
- Eating on a budget as an International Student! The Canadian Classroom Christmas in Canada Settling into university life as an international student How to Find Us? Exchange placement in Canada Induction Week at Thompson Rivers, Canada What to and NOT to bring for Accommodation!
- Settling into university life as an international student Liam’s Top Tips on being a bigger, unfit person at a sporty university WSIHE Wednesday! Ready to Rent Month! Use the safety bus late at night!