JOIN: The Iris Murdoch Society
The Iris Murdoch Society was inaugurated in New York in 1986. It was based at Kingston University until 2016 when it came to the University of Chichester, and is now run by the Research Centre. It has members across the world: academics, general readers and enthusiasts, and those personally connected to Iris Murdoch. It exists to promote her work, further her philosophical vision, and enhance and extend knowledge. There is an active online community connected to the society on Facebook.
The Society originally produced the Iris Murdoch News Letter (up until 2007) and now publishes the peer-reviewed journal Iris Murdoch Review, offering a forum for articles, reviews and notices, and which keeps members of the society informed of new publications, symposia and other news that has a bearing on the life and work of Iris Murdoch and her milieu.
Join the Iris Murdoch Society to:
- Receive the Iris Murdoch Review on publication
- Keep up to date with scholarship, new publications, symposia and other information
- Be entitled to reduced rates for the biennial Iris Murdoch Conferences at Chichester University
To become a member and for subscription rates please contact email@example.com.
You can join online by searching for ‘Iris Murdoch University Chichester’.
- Read Next
- WIN: National Student Survey - Shape Your Future! (prizes available) What's happened to the Hub?! (Bognor Students' Union) WIN: Student Satisfaction Survey! SU Awards - get your ticket! Why are students asking for my vote for the SU Elections? EVENT: On the streets of Athens: Art, Protest, Political Crisis
- Two new MA bursaries for Theatre! "I chose to teach in secondary as I felt I could make an impact" Why are students asking for my vote for the SU Elections? Top reasons why I became a primary teacher! FREE: A night in Chichester Cathedral