Sandy Newman - SU Mature & Part-Time Officer
My name is Sandy Newman and I'm your Mature and Part-time Students' Officer for 2018/19.
I am a third year Philosophy and Ethics mature student by day, and mum to 5 by night! Before coming to the University of Chichester I had no idea what a juggling act that would be, but two years in I'm settled, in love with learning and now eager to help others who face the daunting but hugely rewarding challenge of University life as a mature and/or part-time student.
If I can be of any help during your time here at Chichester, contact me by email or on the UCSU Mature and Part-Time Facebook page!
My manifesto pledges are:
- Academic workshops tailored specifically for mature students or students returning to education after a break
- A mature & part-time student hub on campus
- Activities/social events targeted at mature and part-time students
- Lecture scheduling mindful of the challenges faced by those students with children
- Online social media platforms for mature and part-time students to connect and create community
- More mature & part-time student specific information on the University website
- Read Next
- Jack Greenwood - SU President Ryan Sheppard - SU LGBQ+ Student Officer What is the SU? Top reasons why I became a primary teacher! Life as a visiting American exchange student Dance Freshers' Survival Guide! Why you should join clubs & societies!
- Why is everyone calling Chichester 'Chi'? WSIHE Wednesday! FREE Yoga! JOB: We are looking for Student Ambassadors! DON'T FORGET: Register to the GP!