The Top 5 surprising things about starting Uni
What has surprised you, positive or negative, in your first few days at University?
The Uni runs a survey for new undergraduates each year, to find out how you're settling in, offer support, and to learn how to do things better. The survey is supported by the Students' Union.
You can take this year's survey here: https://chichester.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/2018-induction-survey
There's a £50 Amazon voucher prize draw after the survey closes on 15 October.
The Top 5 surprising things about starting Uni from last year's survey were:
- How friendly everyone is
- The community feeling at the Uni
- How easy it has been to settle in and make friends
- How much free time there is
- How much information/reading there is
Some students said students were struggling with homesickness, and some had trouble settling in and making friends. We were able to offer support to those who requested it.
The Induction Survey 2018 is here for you to let us know about your induction experience, and ask for more information about anything at all: https://chichester.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/2018-induction-survey
The survey is for all new undergraduates, living on campus or off-campus, mature, part-time, and students who have transferred from another Uni or joined at a later year.
Please take ten minutes to share your induction experience.
- Read Next
- HOW TO: Book a Student Support counselling session My First Week In A New Job: What To Expect From A Graduate Position Making the Move - Accommodation Abroad How Joining A Society Can Make You More Employable Chloe Mandry's story: Why I chose to study Early Childhood Studies! Top 10 reasons why applying to Chi is a GREAT idea Brain Tumour Awareness! Joe Garbett's contribution to 3Fall!
- Not Everybody Wants Tea: Consent is everything Liam’s Top Tips on being a bigger, unfit person at a sporty university Festive money tips! Settling into university life as an international student Why I decided to be a football coach