Top 10 things to do in West Sussex
West Sussex is a gorgeous region that deserves to be admired and explored...
Get to know the area and see what is has to offer!
Here's a list of the top 10 things to do in West Sussex:
- Walk the Downs
Take a break from city life and head out to the South Downs Way. You can walk, ride or cycle this 100-mile ancient route that takes you through the glorious countryside.
- Visit Arundel Castle
Overlooking the River Arun sits this picturesque castle. Built in the 11th century, the castle has a rich history and endless works of art.
- Indulge your senses at Wakehurst
A stunning country estate in Ardingly with a magnificent botanical garden. It has the world's largest seed conservation project, with natural woodland and lakes, formal gardens, and an Elizabethan house.
- Head to Arundel Wetland Centre
Get a taste of Sussex's wildlife. With boat tours and opportunities for rare bird spotting, you're sure to be at one with nature at this wildlife reserve.
- Ride the train at Amberley Museum
The museum is set in the South Downs National Park and exhibits a narrow-gauge railway and bus service. You'll find a Print Shop, Fire, Bus and Rail Halls, Radio, Electricity, and Telecoms and Roadmaking exhibitions here!
- Enjoy the Tangmere Military Aviation Museum
Learn about the UK's military aviation heritage at the old RAF Tangmere airfield. There are also interactive displays and simulators for visitors!
- Head to The Royal Pavilion
The Royal Pavilion is the former royal residence of Prince Regent (George IV) in Brighton and was transformed later into a most spectacular seaside palace.
- Explore the South Downs Planetarium
This scientific planetarium gives you a peek at the universe! You can learn a thing or two and enjoy an incredible view here.
- Head to the races at Goodwood
One of the best and most beautiful racecourses in the UK, Goodwood has lots of events going on. Check out a horserace or The Festival of Speed.
- Take a trip on the Littlehampton Ferry
Cross the River Arun from Littlehampton and enjoy the view. The ferry links the East and West banks for a lovely day on the water.
- Read Next
- Chichester's history and culture! Top things to do in Bognor Regis! 5 Remedies for a Sore Throat Dance Freshers' Survival Guide! Eating on a budget as an International Student!
- TOP TIPS: Clearing What to and NOT to bring for Accommodation! Arrivals Weekend! Clearing profile - Steve Houlton Join your accommodation Facebook group!