TOP TIPS: Clearing
Results not what you expected? Applying through clearing is a way for you get University offers.
We asked our friendly Admissions team what their top tips are for Clearing:
- Take a breath! - there's no need to rush. Clearing isn't just results day, you can apply through clearing up until September!
- Check UCAS Track - even if you didn't get the grades you hoped or were expected, your University still may offer you a place so make sure to check UCAS Track before applying through clearing.
- Do your research before calling, make sure you know where the University is and what course you want to do before applying through clearing.
- Find a quiet place to call from - there's no rush to call as soon as you receive your results, take a deep breath and find a space with no background noise or disturbance.
- Have your details ready including your UCAS number, details of your GCSE's/A Levels and what course you'd be interested in studying.
- Have questions ready to ask - write down any questions you want to ask before you call to make sure you find out everything you want to know.
- Make notes - write down what is discussed on your clearing phone call so you don't have to remember every detail.
- Do you need accommodation? - we guarantee all first year students a place in halls, make sure you know if you need accommodation before calling as this will be a follow up question from an offer being made.
- Be flexible - possibly consider a joint route or a Foundation Degree if you didn't quite reach your grades.
- Don't necessarily take the first offer - once you confirm your University place you can't pick another University or course. Make sure the offer you accept is the right one for you.
If you'd like to come to the University of Chichester through Clearing then call 01243 816001 from 7am on Thursday 16 August.
Our hotline will be open:
Thursday 16 August: 7am - 7pm
Friday 17 August: 8am - 6pm
Saturday 18 August: 9am - 1pm
- Read Next
- HOW TO: Book a Student Support counselling session Advice for Essay Writing Making the Move - Accommodation Abroad Studying a year abroad - what to expect How To: book a room/reserve an LRC computer! Exchanges: Applying to study Dance in Portugal Susan Pettett's Story: Why I chose to study Foundation Early Years! Chloe Mandry's story: Why I chose to study Early Childhood Studies! Festive money tips! Not Everybody Wants Tea: Consent is everything 24/7 Learning Resource Centre is OPEN!
- Not Everybody Wants Tea: Consent is everything Liam’s Top Tips on being a bigger, unfit person at a sporty university Settling into university life as an international student Festive money tips! Why I decided to be a football coach