Want a summer holiday? There's a bursary just for you!
This year’s £1,000 Travel Bursary may be awarded to between one and four non-final year students. The decision of the bursary awards panel will be final.
This award is available for travel over the 2019 summer period only and there are no academic requirements. However, successful applicants will be required to write a reflective report on their travel experience and how they have been personally enhanced by it, to be submitted in the Autumn Semester 2019. This report may be used in future publications produced by the University of Chichester.
Applications are open for the Kathleen Flaskett Travel Bursary. This fund was set up in memory of Kathleen Flaskett, a student at Bishop Otter College 1917-1919.
Its purpose is to help full-time ‘home’ undergraduate students who are not in their final year to broaden their life experience and awareness of other cultures/places through travel outside the British Isles. The fund is not available for travel which is an established requirement or integral part of a student’s course.
Applications are particularly encouraged from individuals who, for financial or other reasons, have had little or no experience of travel abroad. Specific information is required for an application, please read the details below.
For an application to be valid, it must include the following details:
- Name, student number and address
- Date of birth
- Course name and year of study
- Academic Adviser
- If you have travelled abroad before, please list which countries or cities you have visited and when this was.
- Finally, please provide a personal statement including your reasons for wishing to travel; where and why you wish to visit the particular stated place or places; your intended length of stay; and an itemised estimate of the total cost.
Written applications can be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receipt of applications: 5pm on Wednesday 17th April 2019
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us on email@example.com
- Read Next
- Student Support and Wellbeing pop-up zone Morning Prayer in the Chapel WIN A HOLIDAY: Fill in the National Student Survey How To: Fill out an absence form Making the Move - Accommodation Abroad Studying a year abroad - what to expect Exchanges: Applying to study Dance in Portugal How to maintain a positive mindset 11 Top Tips For Those Who've Finished Uni
- University Advice Why are students asking for my vote for the SU Elections? Thinking about commuting? Bethan has some tips for you! Rooms in halls available for September 2018! International Women's Day 2019