What is the SU?
Your Students’ Union (SU) is independent of the University and run by Students for Students. Every student automatically becomes a member of the SU upon registering at the University of Chichester. We exist solely to benefit students and to help you get the most out of your time at University.
We do this by:
- Representing your views to the University
- Campaigning on issues important to you
- Providing a range of services to benefit you
- Providing Sports and Societies for you to join
- Hosting events e.g. Karaoke, WSIHE Wednesdays, Summer Ball etc.
- Enhancing your overall University experience
The University of Chichester Students’ Union (UCSU) is here to make sure that your time here is the best it can be - in fact; it’s our mission and vision to help ALL students have the BEST time they can whilst at the University of Chichester and to build, with the University, the best student community in the UK. Our overall aim is to have a positive impact on the lives of all our students!
You can find us at both the Chichester Campus (BOC) and the Bognor Regis Campus (BRC) throughout the week. We are here to make sure you’ve got everything you need, whether that’s advice about your course from our free representation service, welfare support or a drink at one of our Best Bar None bars. Maybe you want to get involved with one of our clubs or societies and make a few new friends. Whatever you’re looking for, chances are you’ll find it at the SU.
The SU is run by a team of students, Full-time Officers (known as Sabbs or Sabbaticals) and our volunteer part-time Student Officers who are elected by fellow students to represent you and speak up on your behalf to the University and beyond. If you have any issues with any part of your University experience – from coursework to living arrangements – tell the officers and they’ll work to make the changes you want to see.
For more information of event/clubs & societies then head to the UCSU website!
Need some advice or have some ideas for the Students Union? Speak to Jack and Dom!
- Read Next
- Dance Freshers' Survival Guide! What is the SU? 7 questions you should ask at Open Day! Eating on a budget as an International Student! Top 10 reasons why applying to Chi is a GREAT idea Elaine Ford's Story: Why I chose to study Foundation Early Years! Chloe Mandry's story: Why I chose to study Early Childhood Studies! Things you absolutely should NOT do on Open Day! artOne & why you need to be there!
- What to and NOT to bring for Accommodation! PUSH Goes To Westminster: The Power of Community Voices How to deal with stress at university Coach trip to Stonehenge and Bath on Saturday 23rd March 2019 Rooms in halls available for September 2018!